Badam milk is a beverage made from ground almonds mixed with sugar and few nuts.It can be serving either hot or chilled..
- Milk -- 2 cups
- Almonds -- 10
- Pistachios -- 10
- Few strands of Saffron
- Sugar -- 2 tsp (more as per you taste)
- Cardamom Powder -- 1/4 tbsp
- Soak the almonds and pistachios for about 10 minutes in hot water. Blanch the almonds and pistachio.
- Grind the almonds and pistachios using 2-3 tablespoons of milk until smooth.
- Soak Saffron in 1tbsp warm milk for 10-15 minutes.
- Bring milk to boil.
- Add soaked saffron, sugar and almonds and pistachios paste.
- Let it simmer on slow flame for 4 to 5 min stirring often.
- Stir well.
- Pour into cup, from a height.
- This way a lot of froth will form on the milk.
- Serve piping hot or chilled.
You can prepare this milk without using pistachios also.