Besan Laddoo or Chickpea Flour balls are an all-time favorite. The best way I can describe this dessert is a cookie ball. Besan Ka Laddoo is a heavenly dessert different from any western dessert. The chickpea flour releases an aromatic nutty flavor as the chickpea flour is browning. The cardamom and almonds add a subtle dimention in taste and texture to besan ladoos/balls.
- 4 cups Ajika Besan or Lentil flour
- 2 cups ghee
- 2 cups brown sugar or powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp cardamom powder
- 6 tbsp. chopped almonds
- Melt the ghee in a wok over medium low heat.
- Add the besan and brown till you get the nutty aroma and the flour darkens to a golden color. The heat is still medium low and this can take upto 20-30 minutes.
- Add the cardamom and nuts and mix well.
- Mix in the powdered sugar. Stir well.
- Turn off the heat and allow the ladoo mix to cool.
- When cool, form into golf ball-sized balls. Place on a lightly greased, flat tray.
- After completely cooled store in an air-tight container in a cool place.