- 10 Bread slices(white)
- 4 tbsp of thick malai ( fresh cream)(substitute 2/3 cup of fresh cream if u don’t get malai)
- 2 tbsp of ghee (clarified butter)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- pinch of cardamom powder
- a few almonds, pistachos
- a few strands of saffron
1. Soak the bread slices in milk and squeeze them.
2. Put malai and ghee in a kadahai (wok) and put it on the gas top.
3. Put the slices in it and bhuno (lightly roast) on low flame till a light brown colour.(This will take a little time and energy)
4. As the bread gets it colour and starts to leave the sides add the sugar and bhuno for a few more minutes.
5. Turn off the gas.
6. Add the slivered almonds and a pinch of cardamom powder.
6. Garnish with saffron and pistachos.
7. Serve hot.