Carrot Halwa is a rich Indian pudding flavored with nuts and dried fruits. It is usually served warm. A scoup of vanilla icecream goes well with warm halwa.
- 2 lb. Carrots washed and grated
- 1 cup whole milk
- 6 oz. Ajika Almond, Cardamom, Saffron Sugar
- 1 cup Ghee
- 2 tablespoons Raisins soaked and kept aside
- 2 tablespoons Pistachios crushed for the garnish
- sugar to adjust in the end as per individual taste
- Put the water to boil, when it starts boiling add the grated carrots.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the milk. Cook on a low flame stirring occasionally.
- Add the Ajika Almond, Cardamom, Saffron Sugar, mix well and cook till the all the milk has been absorbed.
- Add ghee and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add raisins. Mix well.
- Remove the halwa from heat and arrange in a serving dish.
- Garnish with pistachios. Serve cold, hot or at room temperature.