- 3 sticks cinnamon
- 1/2cup. cardamom pods
- 1/4 cup whole cloves
- 1/4 cup cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp. coriander seeds
- 1/4 cup black peppercorns
- 1 tbsp. ground ginger
- 1.Roast the spices in a small, heavy based pan over a medium heat for 4-5 minutes, stirring constantly until they become a shade darker then their original colour.
- 2.The spices will also give a distinct aroma and the pan will emit light fumes of smoke.
- 3.Remove the spices from the pan and grind them to a fine powder in a spice or coffee grinder.
- 4.Stored in an airtight jar will keep for 5 to 6 months.