- 1 cup - Sooji / Rava
- 1/2 cup - Mango pulp
- 1 cup - Milk
- 1/2 cup - Water
- 3/4 cup - Sugar
- 4 tbsps - Ghee
- 1/4 tsp - Cardamom powder
- 1/4 tsp - Orange /kesari food colour
- Few - Cashews / raisins to garnish
1) Heat 2 tbsps of ghee in a frying pan and roast the rava for a few minutes till a nice aroma comes out. Be careful not to burn the rava.Turn off heat and then keep the roasted rava aside.
2) In the same pan heat 1 tbsp of ghee and add cashews and raisins . Fry till golden brown and keep it aside.
3) In the pan boil the water,mango pulp and milk . When milk gets boil add the food colour and mix well. Then add fried sooji to it slowly by stirring continuously , so that lumps are not formed.Keep it on medium Flame.It will take 10 minutes to get cooked.
4) When sooji is cooked fully then add sugar and cardamom powder and mix well. Add remaining ghee and mix well. Cook for another 5 minutes on low flame stirring in between so that it doesn’t get burn.
Garnish with fried raisins or cashews . Mango Kesari is ready to serve.Serve it warm or hot.