- 2 cups basmati rice 3 x 3 inch coconut
- 4 to 6 hot green peppers 1 1/2 tsp. or more salt
- 1/4 x 1/4 inch fresh ginger 1/8 tsp. turmeric powder
- 4 cloves garlic 2 oz. butter or ghee
- 4 cloves 2 sticks cinnamon
- 1 tsp. poppy seeds 4 cloves
- small stick cinnamon 4 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander leaves 10-12 curry leaves
- 2 1/2 cups water 4 whole green cardamom
- 12 cashew nuts 6 pieces mint leaves or
- 1/4 tsp. dried mint leaves
- 1 c. fresh or frozen peas and carrots
- 1/2 c potatoes
- Grind the peppers, ginger, garlic, cloves, poppy seeds, cinnamon, and coriander
- leaves, adding 1/2 cup water.
- Adding enough water grind coconut in a blender and make 2 cups of coconut milk.
- In a saucepan heat butter over medium heat and saute the cinnamon, cloves, bay leaves, curry leaves, green cardamom, cash nuts and mint
- leaves (add the cashews at the end) .
- Add the onion and masala paste.
- When onion turns brown, add 2 cups of coconut milk and 2 cups of water. When the mixture boils,add rice, turmeric powder and salt.
- When rice is half cooked, add the vegetables and pour the mixture in a tray and bake it in the preheated oven for 20 minutes at 350 degrees temperature. Serve it with onion pachadi.