- 3 medium over-ripe (1 cup) bananas, mashed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup applesauce (or you can use the baby food version)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF/180ºC.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, combine applesauce, honey, milk, bananas, and mix.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, and stir until just combined.Be careful not to over mix.
5. Stir in nuts.
6. Spoon mixture into paper muffin cups about 2/3 cups full.
7. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until a wooden pick comes out clean.
8. Allow to cool before removing from muffin pan.
Variations You can replace macadamia nuts with other nuts, and you can opt to fold in half of the chopped nuts into the mixture, and sprinkle the remaining nuts on top of the muffins just before baking.
Makes: 15 muffins
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 30 minutes