- 3 medium over-ripe (1 cup) bananas, mashed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF/200ºC.
2. In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, salt, and mix.
3. In a separate bowl, combine bananas, eggs, butter, sour cream, milk, vanilla, and mix.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, and stir until just combined. Be careful not to over mix.
5. Stir in chocolate chips.
6. Spoon mixture into paper muffin cups about 2/3 cups full.
7. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until a wooden pick comes out with some melted chocolate but no crumbs.
8. Allow to cool before removing from muffin pan.
Variations You can opt to fold in half of the chocolate chips into the mixture, and sprinkle the remaining chips on top of the muffins just before baking.
Makes: 15 muffins
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 20 minutes