- Sesame oil - 1/4 cup
- Chinese chili sauce - 1 tblsp
- Soy sauce - 2 1/2 tblsps
- Juice from pickled ginger - 2 tblsps
- Lemon juice - 1 1/2 tblsps
- Japanese rice vinegar - 2 1/2 tblsps
- Sugar - 2 1/2 tblsps
- Kosher salt - 1/2 tsp
- Very thin fresh Chinese egg noodles - 1/2 pound
- Grated rind of l lemon
- Black sesame seeds, toasted in a dry, heavy skillet until fragrant - 2 tblsps
- Thinly sliced scallions - 3/4 cup
- Grated red radish
- Julienne of scallions (both green and white)
- Toasted black sesame seeds
1.Blend the oil, chili sauce, soy sauce, pickled ginger juice, lemon juice, rice vinegar, sugar and salt all together and set aside.
2.Fluff the noodles and untangle the strands.
3.Heat water in a pan and bring it to a rolling boil. A
4.Add the noodles and allow them to cook until the noodles become tender but firm.
5.Drain the water and rinse them in ice cold water and drain again using a colander.
6.Remove excess moisture present in the noodles
7.Once again whisk the dressing again to mix them evenly.
8.Moisten the noodles with just enough dressing by tossing the noodles in them
9.Separate the strands of the noodles and set aside for 10 minutes
10.Adjust the seasonings according to taste
11.Add the lemon rind, black sesame seeds and scallion rings and toss well.
1.Remove from the refrigerator.
2.Mound the noodles in a bowl or twirl them in individual bowls.
.3.Garnish each dish with grated red radish, scallion and black sesame seeds.