- 4 over-ripe medium (1 1/3 cups) bananas, mashed
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 ºF/180 ºC.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine mashed bananas with butter.
3. Add in milk, vanilla, and mix.
4. Add in sugar, baking soda, salt, and mix.
5. Add flour last and mix until just combined.
6. Pour mixture into a greased and floured bread loaf pan.
7. Bake for 1 hour or until a wooden pick comes out clean.
8. Allow to cool before removing from pan.
This recipe is so versatile, you can add almost anything to it. Try adding 1/2 a cup of dried fruits, chocolate chips, nuts or anything else you like to the mixture. Remember to stir them in last, just before pouring the mixture into the pan.
Makes: 1 loaf
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 1 hour