- Gram Flour / Besan - 2 cups
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
- Water - 1/2 cup [adjust accordingly while kneading ]
- Oil - enough for frying
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Water - 1/2 cup
1. Mix flour and salt.
2. Add water little by little and make a smooth dough. Keep in mind that gram flour becomes very sticky. So adjust water accordingly while kneading.
3. Heat oil in a large frying pan.
4. Fill the Seva maker [ as shown ] with the dough and start making the seva directly into the hot oil.
5. Turn over to get both sides done.
6. Remove from oil when the color turns light brown.
7. Drain on a kitchen towel and allow to cool.
8. Repeat frying until all the dough is finished.
9. Break the seva to small pieces and keep aside.
10. Meanwhile in a wide mouth non stick pan, heat the water and add sugar to it.
11. Keep stirring this, until it reaches 1 string consistency. [ You can check this by dropping a little of the sugar syrup into a cup of cold water. Once it starts forming small balls in the water it has reached the required consistency].
12. Now reduce the flame and quickly add the seva pieces. Stir it well to get it coated with the sugar syrup.
13. Remove from the pan and allow it to cool.
14. Once cooled, store in an air tight container and start munching.