- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 1/2 cup cherries, finely chopped
- 1 cup dates, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- Granulated sugar
1. Beat egg whites until stiff. Beat in sugar; fold in the remaining ingredients, except the cherries.
2. Place into an ungreased 8x8 inch pan; bake at 300 degrees for 20 minutes. Put into a bowl and add the cherries.
3. Shape into small balls; roll in granulated sugar.
4. Cool and store in tightly covered container.