- 240 gms Maida
- 200 gms sugar
- 4 eggs
- 120 gms butter
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 360 gms raisins
- 100 ml rum
- few drops vanilla essence
- 150 gms lemon peel
- 50 gms walnuts
- 30 gms crystallised cherries
1. Grease the cake tin and sprinkle a little flour on the surface. Place a sheet of paraffin paper on the bottom.
2. Cut the cherries, walnuts and lemon peel into small pieces and immerse them along with the raisins in the rum.
3. Cream the butter and sugar along with the vanilla essence.
4. Add in the eggs gradually mixing all the while.
5. Fold in the flour and baking powder.
6. Mix in the rum with all the ingredients soaked in it.
7. Pour the cake batter into the tin and bake at 160° C for about 15 to 20 minutes.