- 1/2 kg. curds/yogurt
- 300 gms. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cardamom powder
- few strands saffron
- 1/2 tbsp. pista & almond crushed
- Tie curd in a clean muslin cloth overnight. (6-7 hours).
- Take into a bowl, add sugar and mix.
- Keep aside for 25-30 minutes to allow sugar to dissolve.
- Rub saffron into 1 tbsp. milk till well broken and dissolved. Keep aside.
- Beat well till sugar has fully dissolved into curd.
- Pass through a big holed strong strainer, pressing with hand or spatula.
- Mix in cardamom powder and dissolved saffron and half nuts.
- Empty into a glass serving bowl, top with remaining nut crush.
- Chill for 1-2 hours before serving.
Making time: 20 minutes (excluding tieing and keeping time)
Makes: 6-7 servings
Shelflife: 3-4 days refrigerated
Variations: To make fruit flavoured shrikhand eg. mango, add pulp at the stage of adding cardamom and saffron.