- Chicken, medium size 1 no.
- Oil For deep frying
- Ginger paste 1 tsp.
- Garlic paste 1 tsp.
- Chili paste 1 tsp.
- Soya sauce 2 tbsps.
- Cornflour 2 tbsps.
- Egg 1 no.
- Salt To taste
For the Sauce
For the Garnish
- Spicy chili oil or ordinary oil 3 tbsps.
- Finely chopped ginger 1 tsp.
- Finely chopped garlic 1 tbsp.
- Dry red chilies cut into 4 pieces each 2 nos.
- Sesame seeds(optional) 1/2 tsp.
- Slanting pieces of spring onion 1/4 cup.
- Chicken stock 1/2 cup
- Tomato sauce 1/3 cup
- Soya sauce 1 tbsp.
- Chili sauce 1 tsp.
- Vinegar 1 tbsp.
- Sugar 1 tsp.
- Black pepper 1/2 tsp.
- Ajinomoto A pinch
- Salt To taste
- cornflour mixed with water 3/4 tbsp. & 1/4 cup
- Spring onions 4 long thin pieces
- Spring onion tops 4 long thin pieces
1. Cut the chicken,retaining the bone, into small serving sized pieces.
2.Combine all the ingredients mentioned under 'For the Marinade' and rub on the chicken pieces and set
aside for 30 minutes.
3.Heat oil in a frying pan and deep fry the chicken pieces,a few at a time, till golden brown and cooked.
4.Drain and set aside. Heat 3 tablespoons of spicy chili oil or ordinary oil in a pan.
5.Add the ginger, garlic, red chilies, sesame seeds and spring onion and stir fry on a high flame for 1 minute.
6.Add the remaining ingredients mentioned under sauce except the cornflour, bring to a boil and add the
7.Cook covered on a low flame for about 4 minutes and then add the cornflour mixed with water and stir
continuously, so that the sauce becomes thick.
8.Garnish with the spring onion and spring onion tops.