- Curry leaves- 1 cup
- Black gram dhal -4 tbsp
- Bengal Gram- 4tbsp
- Red chilies - 4 to 5
- Salt - as required
- Tamarind -marble sized
- Coriander seeds- 4 tbsp
- Cumin seeds- 2tbsp
- Garlic cloves-5
- Oil 2 tbsp
- Pepper corns-1 tbsp(optional)
- Methi seeds,Mustard-1 tbsp each(optional)
1. Separate the tender curry leaves from its bark.
2. Wash and wipe with a cloth.
3. Dry by spreading on a clean towel.
4. When it is completely dry, roast it in a hot shallow pan till it becomes crisp.Keep it aside
5. Dry roast black gram and Bengal gram separately in the same pan.Remove from heat.
6.Now fry coriander seeds and cumin seeds for one minute in a low flame.Keep tossing them continuously. Dont burn them.Add garlic cloves and fry for another minute.
7. Remove all the contents and fry red chilies alone in oil.
8.First grind all the contents except curry leaves,tamarind and garlic.
9.To this add tamarind and garlic cloves.
10.After they coarsely ground add curry leaves and salt in the last.
9. Pound well and store in clean dry jar