Mostly in festivals the uncooked Chalimidi is prepared and offer to god as Naivedhyam.
Cooked Chalimidi is prepared in some special occasions as Sweet.
Here I am giving you both the ways...
- 2 cup Raw rice (rice soaked in water)
- 1 cup grated Jaggery
- Water as per required
- 1 tsp crushed cardamom powder
- Soak rice in water for 4-5 hours and the rice is spread out on a dry cloth and left not dry completely.
- Some wet is to be there in rice then ground to a fine powder.
- To this rice powder add grated Jaggery and coarsely crushed cardamom.
- Mix the ingredients well for a few minutes till you get smooth soft dough.
- You can use 1-2 tsp water while mixing the rice flour and Jaggery.
- 500 gms Rice
- Sugar : 1Kg
- Water : As Required
- Cardamom : 10 (Elaichi / Yaalakkaya)
- Ghee : ¼kg
- Dry coconut : 2 Pieces (Endu kobbari)
- Cashew nuts : 100 gm (Jeedi pappu)
- Soak Rice in water overnight.
- Next day wash Rice cleanly and wait till drained completely.
- Grind the Rice into fine powder (Sieve to get very fine rice flour) and keep it covered.
- Add Sugar and sufficient Water in a bowl and boil till the solution gets to a very strong sugar syrup (unda paakam).
- Remove the bowl from stove, Grind cardamoms to fine powder and add to it.
- Add rice powder to it slowly, stirring all the time. Make sure that no lumps are formed.
- Add half quantity of Ghee and Mix it.
- Heat remaining ghee in a pan and fry Coconut pieces (Small pieces), Cashew nuts.
- Add fried Coconut pieces, Cashew nuts, Ghee and mix it.
- Store in a air tight container.