- 2 free-range eggs
- 3 onions, sliced
- 120g/4oz plain flour
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil, plus extra if required
- Beat the eggs in a bowl.
- Add the onion rings and mix well.
- Add the flour, ground coriander and cumin seeds and stir well to combine.
- Heat the oil in a deep-sided frying pan over a medium heat. When hot add a large spoonful of the bhaji mixture and fry for 30-45 seconds, until golden-brown.
- Turn the bhaji over and fry for a further 30 seconds, until crisp and golden-brown all over. Remove and drain on kitchen paper.
- Repeat with the remaining bhaji mixture, replenishing the oil in the pan if it runs low and allowing it to heat up again after a new addition.