- Rice Flour (2 cups)
- Water (1 Cup)
- Salt as per required
- Grated Jaggery (1 Cup)
- Sesame seeds (1 Cup) *
- Fresh coconut (½ cup-grated)
- Cardamom Powder (¼ tea spoon)
- Boil water, add some salt and rice flour to it.
- Keep the bowl closed for few minutes.
- Roast the sesame seeds and let them cool completely.
- Grind sesame seeds to a coarse powder.
- Add grated jaggery and coconut and cardamom powder and grind them so that all mixed together well.
- Take small portions of cooked rice in your palm, make a depression in the centre, fill it with the mixture and close it**. Shape them like garlic.
- Steam these in a cooker.
* Jaggery 150 gms-cut into small pieces
** If you dont want to fill Sesame seeds mixture simply fill with jaggery pieces.