Milk is a compulsory food in every hose..For many people the day starts with drinking milk.
Lets see how to boil milk..
1. Take a clean heavy bottomed vessel.
2. Pour milk into it.
3. Put it on flame.
4. Boil the milk for 15 to 20 min until the milk comes to boil.Remember not to close the vessel while boiling.. Otherwise the milk overflows.Boil the milk in a low flame.
5.Turn off the flame and your milk is ready.
6. After using the milk if any left over Refrigerate* it from avoiding it to spoil**.
* If you dont have refrigerator heat the milk for every 5 to 6 hrs otherwise it got spoiled. Of course from health point of view it is not suggestible.
**How can we came to know that the milk got spoiled is it curdles when it is reheated.
Milk will be spoiled for some reasons like if it is not properly stored,and if lemon juice,vinegar are added to it.
Other ways are boiling milk:
In a Microwave oven:
- Put the milk in the microwave in a container without any metal, close the door.
- Enter a reasonable amount of time which will depend on the quantity of milk but generally should not be more than a few minutes and start it.
- If the milk quantity is 1/2 ltr then 4 to 5 min is enough.
- Be careful not to burn yourself when you remove it.
- If you are wanting to boil milk to make it sanitary to drink, a microwave may not be the best way to boil it.
In Induction stove:
- Take a induction based vessel or induction based milk cooker.
- Just use the Boil program or Temp near 100 deg. C or 212 deg F.
- The milk boiled as quickly as on gas stove.
A recent study reveals that Puneities do not follow the correct practices of boiling milk. A large number of people heat and re-heat the same milk again and again, and that too at a high temperature for a long time, thus, killing the nutrients. According to experts, milk subjected to less heating retains its nutrient value. Experts say milk should ideally be boiled not more than twice and not for more than 2-3 minutes.
The Right Way
- Do not boil milk for extended period of time
- Do not leave your milk out in the open after boiling; refrigerate it immediately
- Do not heat milk repeatedly
- Stir the milk while boiling
- Do not use microwave-ovens to heat and re-heat milk
- Use ultra high temperature milk that come in tetra packs. It guarantees both nutrition and convenience
Drinking a glassful of milk everyday is good for health....