Upma is the simple and easy recipe.It is a favourite breakfast recipe for many. It takes very less time to prepare.
- Sooji Rava -- 1 Cup
- Onion -- 1 small, chopped
- Chilli -- 2, cut into pieces
- Tomato -- 1 small, cut into pieces(Optional)
- Mustard Seeds -- 1 tbsp
- Black Gram -- 1 tbsp
- Bengal Gram -- 1 tbsp
- Peanuts -- 1 tbsp (Optional)
- Curry Leaves -- few
- Water -- 3 Cups
- Salt -- as per required
- Oil -- 3 tbsp
- Heat a vessel,fry the rava till a nice aroma comes or till it becomes light reddish.
- Remove rava from vessel and keep it aside.
- Now pour oil into the vessel,add all the ingredients except water,rava.
- Fry them for 2 min.
- Now add water and salt to it.
- Let water boils. Here check the taste of the water, so that you can add some salt.
- Now slowly pour rava into the vessel by stirring continuously so that no lumps are formed.
- Let it cook for 1 min.
- Swich off the stove and wait for 5 min.
- Now the upma is done.
- Serve hot.
If you want to colour it you can add some turmeric powder during frying the ingredients in oil.
Yo can also add carrot,peas,potato along with tomato.