This is a simple recipe for a subji (vegetable dish) from Punjab. An excellent side to any meal Indian or not. May also be served with raita, dal, curry and any flat bread or sourdough breads.
- 4 cups of boiled potatoes unpeeled and cubed
- 6 Tbsp. dry fenugreek leaves
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp. asafoetida powder
- 2 tsp. coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tbs. fresh ginger minced or 1 tsp. ginger paste
- 2 red chillies (optional)
- 2 green chillies finely chopped (optional)
- ½ tsp. each of turmeric
- 4 tbs. ghee (clarified butter)
- salt to taste
- OR use 1.5 tbsp. of Ajika Subzi Spice Blend
- Heat ghee in a heavy-bottomed and fry cumin seeds and asafetida.
- Add the rest of the spices and then the potato cubes, fenugreek leaves.
- Season with salt.
- Keep on stir frying the potatoes till they are well browned or have a golden hue.