- 1 cup yam peeled and diced
- 1 cup opo or ash gourd peeled and diced
- 1 raw bananas peeled and diced or 2 cup cauliflower
- 2 Drumsticks - may be substituted with beans cut in 3 inch lengths
- 2 potato peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup Shelled peas
- 1 cup yogurt whisked smooth
- Curry leaves Few
- 1/4 cup Coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. mustard seeds
- 1 tsp. hing or asafetida
- SaltTo taste
- 1/4 cup of water
- Shredded coconut 1/4 cup or add 4 tbsp of coconut milk dries
- 2 Green chillies.
- 1 tsp. Cummin seeds
- Mix the curd to the ground paste and keep aside.
- Steam all the vegetables with very little water till soft.
- Mix all the cooked vegetables together with salt.
- Add the paste and heat through on low, taking care to prevent the yogurt from curdling.
- Heat coconut oil. Add mustard seeds till they splutter, then add asafetida and curry leaves and mix well. Pour over the dish and fold in.
- Serve hot with rice.