1. Split Bengal gram (chana dal) - 1 cup
2. Jaggery - grated 3/2 cup
3. Green cardamom powder - 1/4 tsp
4. Ginger - grated 1 tbsp
1. Refined flour (maida) 1 1/4 cups
2. Salt a pinch
3. Pure ghee 1/2 cup
1. Wash and boil chana dal in an open pan till it is done(it shud be powdered if you press it)
2. Drain and add grated jaggery, grated ginger , cardamom powder stirring till dry.
3. Allow and cool.Now put it in a flat surface and powder it with chapati roller pin
4. Divide the stuffing into sixteen to twenty equal portions and roll into balls.
5. Mix maida and salt. Add three tablespoons of ghee and sufficient water to make a soft dough.
6. Cover and keep aside for sometime.
7. Divide dough into sixteen to twenty equal portions and roll into balls.
8. Flatten each ball in your palm, stuff with one portion of stuffing, cover and seal the edges. Dust it with flour and roll out in medium thickness.
9. Heat a tawa and cook puran poli until done on both sides.
10. Serve with ghee or vermicili kheer :)