- Milk -- 1 litre
- 11/2tsp vinegar or 1/2tsp lemon juice or citric acid
● Boil the milk in a pan.
● When it's boiling add lemon juice or vinegar or citric acid which ever you are using,
● If citric acid is being used, dissolve it in 2-tbsp water before adding.
● When milk curdles full turn off the gas and keep aside for 5 minutes.
● Pour it on to a cotton/muslin cloth and tie it with a tight knot.
● When all the water is drained from the paneer shape it into a rectangular block.
● Now place the cloth under heavy weight for 2-3 hours before using it.
● Note: Do not throw away the leftover water as it can be used for kneading chapati or
Look out some of the Paneer Recipes:
Paneer Kofta Curry
Cabbage Paneer Bread Rolls
Saffron Paneer Burfi