A paratha/parantha/parauntha is a flatbread derived from the words parat and atta which literally means layers of cooked dough.Egg Paratha is a paratha cooked by applying the egg as a upper layer..
- All purpose flour -- 250gms
- Salt to taste
- 1 Egg for each Paratha
- Pepper powder -- 1 tsp
- Ghee or dalda (Vanaspati) -- 1/2 cup
- Add flour, salt, ghee with little water and kneed well.
- Roll into a paratha.Fry both sides with ghee.
- Add one egg to a paratha on top and sprinkle little salt to it.
- Spread it with a spoon and add pepper powder.
- Serve hot with Tomato or Chilli Sauce.
See also the other types of Paratha: